Football Coaching Courses, a candidate's notes
Practicing Your 1st Touch in Pairs
| Players stand about 10 yards apart and do these exercises. One Ball between
- Passing with the inside of your foot only. One or two touches. Move the
ball don't stop it dead and don't step back. Move the ball nice and easy.
- Outside of foot only. Move the ball right across the body past the other
foot. Hit the ball with elegance.
- Stretch Hamstrings.
- Sideways on. Come in sideways away from the imaginary defender. First touch
with the outside of your foot. Protect the ball. Pass it back. Only one working.
- Volley from each foot. Players now 6 yards apart. One player serves to
each foot in turn. Work sideways and don't stand still on it. Don't be sloppy
with throws, take pride and do it properly. Pass back to servers hands.
- Stretch Calf's.
- Back foot flicks. Loose ankles. Right foot behind left ankle flick it back.
Give the throw height.
- Stretch Thighs
- Half volleys. Nice loose ankles, pitch it up just in front of him. Give
it a little air so he can readjust under it. Arms out for balance.
- Keep it up .Head and volley to each other. 10 times each. Leave it on his
- Clip it in. Open to 20-25 yards out. Flight them in. Receiver shouldn't
have to move. Get the Ball out of your feet.
- Fire at feet. Pass like you are feeding him in. Chest height don't be sloppy.
- Chip Ball in. Receiver must control the Ball and keep it up 3 times before
passing back. One player only working.
- Stretch anything.
- Outside of foot. Chip ball in. Receiver must control the Ball and keep
it up 3 times before passing back. One player only working.
- First touch on your head. Chip Ball in. Receiver must control the Ball
and keep it up 3 times before passing back. One player only working.