- Lost Ball to Full-back who passes to the Winger.
- Lost Ball centrally from a Defensive header.
- Full-back losses Ball to Winger.
Covering and Support,
- Switch on,
- Pressure the ball, nearest man go to the ball.
- Cover. Angles and distance.
- Make play predictable .Force the play in one direction.
- Holding the line compacts play.
- Squeezing when play is going back out.
- Step up when they have the ball but there is pressure on it.
- Balance of defence. Full-backs coming round or in to cover. As cross looks
likely mark space.
- Lines of recovery.
- Wide or furthest Full-back should mark back post.
- Defender far post should come in to mark mid goal.
- Defender mid goal should move across to near post.
- Clearances, be first,your clearance should have,
- or Width.
Winning the Ball Back Early
Stop Forward Play