Use the penalty area.
Divide the players into three groups,
two groups on one side of the penalty and one group on the other side as shown.
The first group runs to the other side of the penalty area, when they get there,
the other group goes and so on.
Each group does two runs off the following exercises.
- High knees. Slap knees and make a noise. Three lots
of ten, ask them to count aloud.
- Heel flicks. Ten left hand, clap, ten right hand,
clap and then alternate left and right hand for ten.
- High knees. Alternate left foot, skip, right foot,
skip, left foot, skip etc.
- Step overs. Step over to the left, skip, step over
to the right, skip, step over to the left, skip etc.
- Step ins. Raise and open leg to the right, then pull
your leg around your body to your left side, skip, raise and open leg to the
left, then pull your leg around your body to your right side, skip, etc.
- Dancing. Flick out left foot, skip, flick out right
foot, skip. Do five each side then same foot movement but this time hold hands
up over head and then raise arms outwards.
- Skipping to the side, three to the left, then three
to the right.
- Skipping to the side, clap hands over head for ten
and then clap hands behind your back for ten.
- Boxing windmills. Arms bent do windmills like a boxer,
ten forwards and then ten backwards.
- Backwards skipping. On the half turn three steps to
the left, then three steps to the right etc. Like jockeying.
- Medium pace run.
- Three quarter pace run.